This course is designed to help learners understand how the body reacts to cold conditions, recognize the most common types of cold stress, learn how to prevent cold stress, and how to treat (first aid) workers with cold stress injuries until medical personnel arrive.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify cold working environments
- Recognize commons signs and symptoms related to cold stress
- Implement cold stress prevention measures
- Discuss how to handle cold stress in emergency situations
- Cold Working Environments
- What Causes Cold Stress?
- Who’s at Risk?
- How the Body Loses Heat
- Winter Weather Alerts
- Signs and Symptoms of Cold Stress
- Common Cold-Induced Injuries
- Trench Foot
- Preventing Cold Stress
- Dress Warmly/Wear Layers
- Employer Responsibilities
- Employee Responsibilities
- Responding to Cold Stress Emergencies
- Report Ailment
- Contact Emergency Personnel
- First Aid Measures
Approximately 30 minutes
Testing conducted in this online Cold Stress Online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
This online course provides proper training for employees who have prolonged exposure to cold working environments.