COVID-19: What Employees Need to Know
Coronavirus disease 2019 (or COVID-19) presents new challenges in the workplace to support the health and well-being of the workforce and keep businesses running smoothly. While employers and management are responsible for establishing plans and procedures, employees play a key role in keeping operations running and preventing exposures.
COVID-19: What Employees Need to Know is designed to help workers prepare and respond to exposure and illness caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Workers need to know the prevention and control measures they should utilize, as well as understand the rights they have under various laws and regulations. Being prepared, yet flexible enough to adapt to an ever-changing situation, is important to the wellbeing of all employees and their workplaces.
To help our valued customers respond to the COVID-19 crisis, we’re offering this course at no cost for a limited time through April 30, 2020.
This online COVID-19: What Employees Need to Know online course covers the following topics:
- Sick Policy
- Good Hygiene
- Physical Separation
- Social distancing for all employees
- employee regulatory rights and responsibilities
- Sick leave options
- Workers’ compensation
- Key OSHA standards for COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment
- Special laws and additional regulations, like government stimulus, that may impact income
- Events and Travel
- Supply Chain and Production Disruptions
After completing COVID-19: What Employees Need to Know, learners will be able to:
- Explain ways to limit exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace
- Identify critical information to communicate with your employer
- Identify which regulations might impact your workplace rights under COVID-19
- List ways your work environment may be impacted by the pandemic
Approximately 20 minutes
Testing conducted in this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
This course is designed to help workers prepare and respond to exposure and illness caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.