Fire Extinguisher Safety Bundle (US)
If there were a fire in your area, would you know whether to fight or flee? You need to be able to make the right decision and act safely. Take this course to learn how to make safe choices. This course is ideal for anyone who works in general industry. To effectively put out small fires, you need to CHOOSE and USE the right extinguishers. Take this course to learn about the types of extinguishers, how they work, and how to use and maintain them. This course is ideal for anyone who works in general industry.
This online Fire Extinguisher Safety Bundle (US) course covers the following topics:
- Fire Extinguisher Safefty: Part 1 – Fight or Flee (US)
- Fire Extinguisher Safety: Part 2 – Using Extinguishers (US)
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Decide whether to fight or flee fires
- Recognize the limitations of fire extinguishers
- Recall basic fire-fighting safety tips
- Know how fire extinguishers work
- Recall types of fires and applicable extinguishers
- Recall safe fire-fighting practices
- Remember the PASS extinguishing method
- Recall how to use and maintain fire extinguishers
Approximately 30 minutes
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark. Printable resources are available in the form of a comprehensive student manual. The manual is a valuable resource for future use and knowledge retention.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.