Fire Prevention & Response
All employees should be aware of fire hazards that exist in their workplace and know what to do in case of a fire. This course is designed to help learners understand the basics of a fire, what to do to prevent them, and how to respond appropriately to a fire in the workplace.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the fire tetrahedron and how fires start and spread
- Discuss the dangers of fire and why rapid fire evacuation is critical
- Identify housekeeping processes and safe materials handling procedures that can help prevent fires
- Explain the OSHA requirements regarding emergency action planning, fire prevention plans, and evacuations in the event of a serious fire
- Discuss the basic steps to take during an evacuation
- Components of a Fire
- Fire Dangers
- Safe Handling of Materials with Greater Risk of Fire
- Intro to Fire Response
- Emergency Action Plans
- Evacuation Procedures
Approximately 45 minutes
Testing conducted in this online Fire Prevention and Response course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple’s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.